Friday, September 26, 2008

Progress!

After a bit of a break when other things have intervened, I have finally got round to starting the painting of this doll. Her body has been given a flesh-coloured wash and some blushing. I've also put in the finer details, such as fingernails. You can also see where the neck-socket has been lined with felt and the strong elastic cord that will eventually keep head and body together. At this stage you could say that she is beside herself in anticipation of that happening! (Groan)

The head has had several coats of gesso and then four coats of flesh coloured acrylic paint (I use 'Matisse' Artist's Acrylics - superb quality - and I mix the flesh tone myself). The features have been underpainted with Burnt Umber thinned down to watercolour consistency. I tend to work in layers - gradually building up the colour and tone of the face.



2 comments:

Designs by Kat Lees said...

Susie you progression photos are fantastic, I love your works of art, and they truly are works of art to say the least. Thank you so much for sharing your expertise.
Kat Lees

Fran said...

Susie,
Your creations are wonderful. Can't wait to see more of your creations.
Fran

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...