Thursday, September 9, 2010

Preparations


I'm in the middle of making arrangements to head overseas next month to teach at a number of locations starting in Albuquerque, NM. There is always plenty to do in preparation for a teaching tour like this. I have been making a number of moulds from my original head sculpts and making sure all my notes are in order. And booking tickets. And contacting friends. etc, etc.

Here is a mould I am making for a couple of "Historically Inspired " doll classes I am running. This will be cast in silicone in two parts to make press moulds for complete heads (for those students who are a bit timid about sculpting their own!) This head is loosely based on an Izannah Walker style of doll from about 1850.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

OOh! wish I was in the right place! Good luck with all the preparations, I bet you're trying to pre-empt ALL eventualities!
And belated Happy Birthday, hope it was a good one. Take care
Susie (in UK)

Unknown said...

Great idea, hope you have a great time in USA.

Killiecrankie Farm said...

What a wonderful position to be in with your skills - to be paid to teach around the world.
Have a lovely time travlling and meeting your enthusastic pupils.
Hope the preparations for work and travel go well.
Have a lovely weekend :)

Marguerite (Tina) Smith Hart said...

Wow those molds are amazing, I wouldn't have a clue how to make something as outstanding as that. You are indeed a very talented lady!
Have a wonderful and safe trip and successful classes!
Tina xo

Unknown said...

Oh how exciting...Your students are very blessed to have you as their teacher. Good luck Susie..

Smiles

Ayala Art said...

That sounds like a wonderful class!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...