Monday, June 27, 2011

Picking Olives and Giant Veg

I was in my friends' olive grove again today helping with the last of the 2011 harvest...........it was sunny and almost warm - a lovely day for picking.


These are some of the Barnea olives - not a top rung variety like Pendolino or Frantoio, but they will be used in blends to tone down the taste of some of the stronger oils. They look pretty in the bowl, though.


And check this out! I dug it the other day when I was lifting the last of our King Edward potatoes - it's huge! It weighs over two pounds.


Meanwhile, in the studio, I've been working on "Cloudbox 2" - not finished yet, as I'd hoped it would be, but well on the way. Hopefully, tomorrow.


4 comments:

Marisa said...

that's one big potato!

maddyrose said...

That is a big potato and really strange looking.

Unknown said...

WOW!! I cannot say most folks in the states know about the olives, it's very rare to grow them in most climates here, but I do love the black olives! And that potato! Massive!

Looking forward to your finished work, as usual! :)

Susie McMahon said...

I was astounded when I dug it up.....it's big enough to feed a family of six for a week! (Well, not quite, but you know what I'm saying!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...