Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Lacuna

Here's a piece I was working on before I was rudely interrupted by Christmas preparations! Now that the dust has settled, I can get back into my work routine, at least a little...........it will be liberally interspersed with trips to the beach, casual meals with friends and lots of sparkling wine. We usually celebrate quietly on New Years' Eve with a barbecue and river trip with friends - something like that. We might be boring old fuddy-duddies, but I sure like being off the roads well before midnight!

This piece is called "Lacuna"..........I have some forming ideas about how she will be completed:



And look what my bloggy friend Ron Anger sent me! I called him Lord Cucurbita and this is him lording it over the Christmas tree. Even though he is very Halloweeny, I don't think he looks out of place with the other Christmas decorations. If you haven't done so already, have a look at Ron's blog - he's always got interesting and amusing things to say and I am constantly surprised by what he comes up with and how diverse his skills are - from wonderful portrait paintings to cute dresses for his grand-daughter and amusing dolls like my Lord Cucurbita. The man is amazing!



 

4 comments:

Rosanna Pereyra said...

Hi Susie!
Thanks for visiting me.
I can't wait to see your latest piece completed.
I wish you a wonderful 2012 and I love being able to say that I know someone in Tasmania! ;)

Big Hugs,
Rosanna

Susie McMahon said...

Yeah.........We're almost off the map here in Tasmania, Rosanna! Thanks for the good wishes - sending the same your way :)

Should find a few hours to work on that piece today - I've hit the deck running after the Christmas mayhem!

Ron said...

The doll looks fabulous, Susie. I can not wait to see her finished. She's already mesmerizing!
And Thank You from the bottom of my heart for your kind words! I pictured Lord Cucurbita sitting on a table or even the mantle.....I never, in a hundred years, excepted him to be perched on your Christmas tree. When you said 'lording over' you really meant it! LOL!!
Thanks again!!

Susie McMahon said...

Thanks Ron......and my pleasure! Of course L.C. will find a more permanent place of abode after the Christmas tree comes down. I think I have just the spot for him. But of course, being the kind of spooky personage he is, he may have ideas of his own! I forsee a battle of wills ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...