Saturday, April 21, 2012

Serendipity!

The one thing I really love about the Internet is the way you can happen upon something unexpected and delightful, simply by poking around and following a few links. That happened to me a few weeks ago when serendipity lead me to the sites of a knitted toy designer based in the UK called Wendy Phillips. I'm a bit of a sucker for a well-designed knitted toy and I found these irresistable! Because they are available as PDF downloads in Wendy's Etsy store, almost instant gratification is possible. What was difficult was deciding which one to buy first, since they are all very appealing, but in the end, I decided to get "Mother Bunny". Since much of what I do is quite complex and time-consuming, occasionally I like to make something purely for the fun of it - this project fitted the bill perfectly. Wendy's patterns are very affordable - she has lots of different doll patterns as well as animals and even one for baby shoes. If you like to knit and want a few projects that will only take a few evenings to make, you couldn't do much better than ordering one or two or ten  patterns from this wonderful designer. Here's how my "Mother Bunny" turned out - the only things I did a bit differently from Wendy's pattern were the eyes and a little needle-sculpting of the face. I really love those shoes! Well, that's enough fun - back to work today - but I'm already thinking about which one of Wendy's patterns I'd like to tackle next!




You can also visit Wendy's blog at http://flutterbypatch.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Mary Ann Tate said...

I thought I recognized that rabbity face:) I've been following Wendy's blog for some time as not only does she design lovely knitted toys but her pictures are so cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...