Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Two Heads Are Better?

I'm working on these two little dolls at the same time - a boy and a girl. I am very happy with how the moulded boy hair turned out - it's the first time I've done it like this. And if they look a bit familiar I used my "pensive child" mould to make their faces, so they are sister and brother to the little girl I blogged about a few posts ago. It's been a bit damp and cool the past few days, so I've had the woodheater in the studio going - just above it is a great place to dry out works in progress!






6 comments:

maddyrose said...

Susie, these are beautiful. The moulded hair on the little boy is perfect. I love the "pensive child" face mould you're using. I'm looking forward to seeing these two little ones when they're finished.

Ron said...

They both look amazing Susie.
I really like the look of the hair.
I am assuming that it is paperclay?

Susie McMahon said...

Thanks Guys.......The hair on these is made from glue-impregnated cotton thread, Ron. Dries really hard and takes paint well.

FairiesNest said...

They are so precious Susie! I love the painted thread hair, what a great idea!

Heera said...

Susie, both dolls are beautiful and I absolutely love the little girl. Just love, love, love it.

Susie McMahon said...

Thanks Cynthia and Heera! Nearly finished these two now and can hopefully post some pictures soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...