Sunday, July 8, 2012

Working It Out

Clothed and nekkid!


With a view to offering this new "Pipkin" doll as a kit in my Etsy store, I have made a silicone mould from the original "Pipkin" and slightly modified a couple of things that needed improvement in the pattern. From the mould I will make half-completed doll heads to sell with the pattern and instructions. Now I need to write up the instructions in a clear and comprehensible manner, so I have been taking progress shots as I have been making this second doll. Quite a lot of work goes into creating a set of instructions - they need to be clear and concise, but have enough information so that someone with limited dollmaking experience can follow them easily. I find that clear photographs are very important (worth a thousand word, right?)
So hopefully, this will be ready next week or so: meanwhile here is a teaser!




13 comments:

Unknown said...

All I can say is I LOVE YOUR DOLLS! They are BRILLIANT!

hugz
Pam

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

Wonderful! How tall is she?

Ron said...

Brilliant!
Love this new doll!
;)

Judy Mathis said...

I will be ordering one, yippee.

Mandy said...

So beautiful. I must try one of your kits one day.

Tanya Murray said...

You are such an arm artist Susie...right down to and especially the fingers.

BlacknickSculpture said...

Wonderful work! That is going to make a brilliant doll kit!

Kays Kids said...

I love seeing her in the bare bones. She is a beautiful doll.
hugs

maddyrose said...

I love this doll and am sure the kit will be perfect when you've gotten it ready.

Rhissanna said...

Writing instructions must be a nightmare; things that seem clear and obvious don't always work when someone else is trying to understand them. I don't envy you this job at all. But the doll is simply lovely, she(or he)looks so sturdy and solid, like a real toddler.

Susie McMahon said...

Thanks for all those kind words!
My followers rock!!

Rebecca said...

Another sweet and huggable dollie! Your sculpting is always top notch!

Mary Ann Tate said...

What a lovely little doll.

Pictures are really important for me anyway:) I just finished an on line doll class and it was the pictures that helped me most.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...