Friday, May 8, 2015

A Little Brown Rabbit........




Here's my little brown rabbit child - the second doll I've made using this pattern, which I have devised for an up-coming class. I thought I'd better make sure there were no bugs in the design (I don't think there are). It is quite an easy pattern using my "small child head" with a flange at the neck for jointing (the head turns). The most difficult part is painting the head, because it is quite small - this doll is only 23 cms tall to the tips of the ears.



 I decided to use the same cotton print fabric that I used for the dress, to make the paw pads and the ear linings and I used thinned down brown acrylic paint to stain the fabric. I really like this simple blue and white spotted cotton fabric. The body fabric is a viscose pile fabric with a woven (non-stretchy) backing.

 I love that very worried, serious expression that small children get on their faces when they are really trying to understand something that baffles them - I tried to replicate that expression in this doll's face.

2 comments:

Hill Top Post said...

A lot of expression for such a small doll. What a cutie! Wish I could blink my eyes and get there in time for your upcoming class.

Susie McMahon said...

Aah! the tyranny of distance......I'm hoping to get to the US sometime within the next year......sure would love to catch up with some of you doll-makers that i only know via the Internet. What fun that would be!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...